Thursday, September 27, 2007

Using Google Earth Plus

Google Earth Plus allowed me to search places of interest around the world. I started with Togo in West Africa and narrowed my search to Agou Iboe', a village where my son is now living as a PeaceCorps volunteer. I found that Agou Iboe' is at the foot of the highest mountain in Togo, Mount Agou. It certainly looked very remote and rugged. From there I visited Paris and checked out cathedrals and museums and followed the Seine through the city. Then I traveled to London, one of my favorite cities in the world. It was in London that I discovered the photo site Panoramio. Lots of beautiful photos were posted throughout London. From London I went to Washington DC, finding more great Panoramio photos and a baseball site baseballindc.com. I visited Charleston, South Carolina and then just continued down the coast from SC to Florida. What a fasinating and fun tool to use!

No comments: